It’s summertime and that means deep cleaning time. It is time to clear out all that wintertime dust and springtime pollen from your life. I was researching “budget” ways that would be more natural for the environment and friendly to my sensitive skin. I decided to take it back to the old school and see what was used “back in the day”. That is when I was introduced to an old friend….Arm & Hammer Baking Soda.
Arm & Hammer Baking Soda has 100’s of uses besides cooking and keeping your fridge odor free. I wanted to share with you my favorite ways to clean your house inside and out and leave it smelling great with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. Affordable and multi-use – two of my requirements when purchasing an item.
- Clothing Odor: Add a 1/2 cup of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to your wash to remove odors from clothing caused by your body and/or chlorinated water.
- Pool Balance: Did you know that baking soda can be used to balance the PH level in your chlorinated pool? It not only balances the PH level but it provides the necessary alkalinity needed.
- Natural Meds: Arm and Hammer can relieve minor skin irritations due to insect bites or from poison ivy/oak/sumac. Mix baking soda with water to form a paste then place the paste on the affected area nd let dry. Got a bigger job? You can add Arm & Hammer to the bath for a soothing experience. Add 1-2 cup to your bath and soak for 15 minutes for relief.
- Smelly Cat: Not anymore! Sprinkle baking soda on your kitty litter with each cleaning to provide a clean potty space for your furry friend.
- Stinky Diapers: Eliminate the diaper stench with Arm & Hammer. Sprinkle baking soda every 4th diaper to help keep baby’s room smelling fresh.
I have, over the last week, tested all the above methods (minus the pool because a momma on a budget goes to the community pool with the boys). I have noticed a huge difference in how my house smells. I am able to stretch a dollar a bit more with these methods and have a house that does not smell like diapers and kitty litter.
Do you have a favorite use for Arm & Hammer Baking Soda? I would love to hear about it.